Study Tips for Math Class
10 Tips for Better Grades in Math
Pass these on to your high school math student:
1. Don't just aim for 70%. Aim high and shoot for 100%.
2. When doing your math homework, be neat. It does make a difference.
3. It's not just the answer that counts in math. Much of your grade is based on the intermediate steps in getting to the answer. So show all
your work. Your objective should be to convince your teacher that you know how to do the problem.
4. It is important to read over the material in your math text book. Don't just focus on your homework problems.
5. Take notes from lectures, writing them neatly. When you study them, check points you need to review.
6. If you don't understand something, ask your teacher as soon as you can.
6. Watch for summaries within and at the end of assigned chapters.
7. Look for bold face and italic copy. They signify important points to remember.
8. If your homework assignments were just the even numbered questions, then do some of the others in reviewing for a test.
9. Keep up with your class on a daily basis. Try hard not to get behind.
10. Don't take the attitude that you aren't good in math. Have a positive attitude. Think, "I can do my math and I can get a good grade in